Which Universities Does Nsfas Fund 2024/2025
Which Universities Does Nsfas Fund 2024/2025
Which Universities Does NSFAS Fund for the 2024/2025 Academic Year:
Do you wish to study or are already studying at a public university or TVET college and come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less, then apply for Nsfas. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides financial assistance to eligible South African students pursuing tertiary education at public universities and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. The financial aid offered by NSFAS is meant to cover tuition fees, accommodation, textbooks, and other necessary expenses related to students’ education.
NSFAS aims to support students who come from financially disadvantaged backgrounds and cannot afford the costs associated with higher education. The funding provided by NSFAS is in the form of bursaries, which means that students are not required to pay back the money, provided they meet certain academic requirements and other conditions set by NSFAS.
To be considered for NSFAS funding, students must apply online through the NSFAS website and provide the required supporting documents. The application process usually opens several months before the start of the academic year and has strict deadlines. It is crucial for students to apply on time and provide accurate information to increase their chances of receiving financial assistance from NSFAS.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a South African government-funded organization that provides financial support to eligible students pursuing tertiary education. The primary objective of NSFAS is to ensure that financially disadvantaged students have access to higher education, regardless of their economic background. In this article, we will explore the universities that are funded by NSFAS for the 2024/2025 academic year.
Overview Of NSFAS Funding
- NSFAS offers financial assistance to eligible students attending public universities and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges in South Africa. The funding covers tuition fees, accommodation, textbooks, and other education-related expenses. Financial aid is provided in the form of bursaries, which means that students do not have to repay the money if they meet specific academic requirements and conditions set by NSFAS.
Who Qualifies For NSFAS Funding As A University Student
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Much Does Nsfas Nsfas Give To University Students
The amounts indicated are for accommodation, living allowance, transport, and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
NSFAS funds all 26 public universities in South Africa, allowing students to pursue various undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a wide range of fields. Here is a list of the public universities that are funded by NSFAS for the 2024/2025 academic year:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- Central University of Technology (CUT)
- Durban University of Technology (DUT)
- Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT)
- Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
- North-West University (NWU)
- Rhodes University (RU)
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
- Sol Plaatje University (SPU)
- Stellenbosch University (SU)
- Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- University of Fort Hare (UFH)
- University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN)
- University of Limpopo (UL)
- University of Mpumalanga (UMP)
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of the Free State (UFS)
- University of the Western Cape (UWC)
- University of the Witwatersrand (Wits)
- University of Venda (UNIVEN)
- University of Zululand (UNIZULU)
- Vaal University of Technology (VUT)
- Walter Sisulu University (WSU)
Read Also: Nsfas unisa application 2023
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) plays an important role in ensuring that higher education in South Africa is accessible to students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. By funding all 26 public universities in the country, NSFAS enables students to choose from a wide range of academic programs and institutions, providing them with the opportunity to pursue their educational goals. If you are an eligible student seeking financial assistance for the 2024/2025 academic year, consider applying for NSFAS funding and take advantage of the support available to you.
Nsfas Contact Details
- Postal Private Bag X1, Plumstead, 7801
- Physical- 2nd Floor, House Vincent, 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, 7700
- Tel- 021 763 3200 / 08000 67327
- Web- www.nsfas.org.za
Hope The information given above has been useful to you. If you have any suggestions, kindly leave them in the comments section provided below. You can also visit the official website of Nsfas for more clarification.