NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024
NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024: NSFAS Application Status 2023 Online Form
If you need financial aid for your tertiary institution, Apply for National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Bursary for the 2023-2024 academic year. The NSFAS Application for the 2023 Academic year opens on 28 September 2022 and closes on 31 January 2023. Thus, those who want to apply for NSFAS 2023 must submit an online application through the NSFAS website, www.nsfas.org.za. Apply now before the application closing date or deadline.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, NSFAS is a government student financial aid scheme that is given to poor undergraduate students in South Africa to assist them to pay for the cost of their tertiary education after completing high school. It is funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024
NSFAS Application Requirements for 2023-2024 Checklist.
Please make sure you fill out all areas of the application form and attach all necessary supporting documentation in order for your application to be processed.
For your application to be processed, you must provide your identification number on each page of all of your supporting documentation. Without an ID number, NSFAS will be unable to process applications.
Please attach certified copies of the following documents:
(All the certified copies must not be older than 3 months) Your documents can be certified at the South African Police Service or the South
African Post Office.* If you are under the age of 18 or if you are 18 and older and are STILL DEPENDENT on the household income of
your parent or legal guardian, then this also applies to you.
All applicants must meet the following requirements before applying for NSFAS Bursary 2023;
1. Certified copy of your Identity Document. If you are younger than 16 years of age and do not have a green bar-coded ID or smart ID card,
you must submit a certified copy of your unabridged birth certificate.
2. Certified copy of the Identity Document of each household member including parents or legal guardian.
Certified copy of your latest academic transcript or exam results. If you are currently in Grade 12, you do not need to submit this.
If you have been exempted from paying school fees, please provide a letter from the school informing NSFAS that you have been
3. Certified or official copy of recent payslip, and letter of employment, not older than three months, for each parent, or the person who supports
you, or your guardian or yourself if you are employed. This is for all types of employment or all forms of income for all members of the
household. This includes any income received from SASSA grants, Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), or any retirement, life, disability
or other benefits paid as a lump sum or in monthly payments.
4. If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian are retired, please provide a copy of an official pension slip or bank
statement showing pension payment.
5. If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian works as an informal trader, please provide an affidavit signed by
them to confirm this employment.
6. If either of your parents is deceased, please provide a certified copy of the death certificate.
7. If your parents are divorced, please provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
8. If either of your parents does not live at home, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
9. If you are supported by someone who is not your parent or legal guardian, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
10. Certified copy of a SASSA letter if any of your family members are receiving a social grant and are also contributing to your household
income. This also applies to your legal guardian.
11. If you have indicated that a dependent in your household is a student, please provide proof of registration or acceptance at the TVET
College or university for each dependent.
12. If you have a disability, please complete the relevant supporting documents (please see the official website for details) and submit them with your application form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2023 Application Form PDF
To apply for NSFAS 2023, follow the step-by-step outlined below:
- Go to NSFAS Application 2023 website at www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- Create your myNSFAS account when the page opens
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Then, check to update all your personal details
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Click on “Submit” to send your application for evaluation.
As soon as your application for NSFAS funding 2023 is approved, you will be covered until you complete your degree programme. If you wish to continue enjoying the NSFAS Funding Bursary, you have to meet the academic requirements. To ensure your continuous funding, all you have to do is concentrate on studying and passing your modules. NSFAS Application Status 2023
Read Also: Nsfas application for 2023 closing date
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR NSFAS APPLICATION 2023
NSFAS will require more information from you in order to process your application, so you need to provide the following supporting documents to make sure that your application is successful.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians,s or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form. NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024
Read Also: When will nsfas registration open for 2023
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
How to Check NSFAS Online Application Status 2023 Form
- Go to NSFAS Status 2023 website at https://my.nsfas.org.za
- Login to myNSFAS account, if you don’t have one, create one. Click HERE
- Then you Enter your User ID
- Enter the password you created during the application process.
- Click “Track Funding Progress“ to check your application status for 2023
NSFAS CONTACT DETAILS:
CONTACT NSFAS VIA THE NSFAS VIRTUAL CONTACT CENTRE
NSFAS Connect: www.nsfas.org.za and log into your myNSFAS account
Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
Twitter page: @myNSFAS
RELATED SEARCH LINKS FOR NSFAS ONLINE APPLICATION 2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
- nsfas contact details
- nsfas allowance 2023
- nsfas online application
- nsfas consent form PDF 2023
- nsfas closing date 2023
- nsfas application status
How do I apply for NSFAS 2023?
Where can I get NSFAS application form 2023?
How do I fill out NSFAS online application form 2023?
How do I apply for NSFAS 2023 online?
Is NSFAS still open for 2023 late application?
What is the age limit for NSFAS?