NSFAS Online Application 2024-2025
NSFAS Online Application 2024-2025:
The NSFAS Online Application Process for the 2024-2025 academic year is very simple. The Online applications for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) 2024 will be open 21 November 2023 and close in 31 January 2024. Remember all applicant are required to create an account on their new platform when the application opens.
How to Create an Account on the New Nsfas platform-Get started by creating a new account.
1. visit https://my.nsfas.org.za/
- First name(s) as seen on your ID document
- Last name as seen on your ID document
- Applicant’s ID number
- Applicant’s Email. If you Don’t have an email address. You can Create one here
- Applicant’s Contact number
Please note, all forms of communication from NSFAS will be sent to the registered contact number and email address you provided.
NSFAS Funding for Tvet Colleges; Does NSFAS Funds Tvet Colleges?
Yes, Nsfas Funds Tvet colleges. It’s good to note that the Department of Higher Education and Training subsidises 80% of the course fees, leaving only 20% for the student. There’s also a generous availability of full bursaries to cover this remaining cost.
Courses That are Funded by NSFAS
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides funding for programmes that have been officially approved by the Ministry. While students should consult with each college for specific information, the following list typically represents the programmes that are generally funded
- Business & Utility Studies (National Certificate – Vocational) NQF levels 2-4 & Report 191 N1-N6
- Engineering Studies – (National Certificate -Vocational) NQF levels 2-4 & Engineering studies – Report 191 N1-N6
- Engineering and Related Design; Electrical Infrastructure; Civil Engineering Construction and Information Technology & Computer Science
- Management; Marketing; Finance; Office Administration; Economics & Accounting; Education & Development; Hospitality; Tourism; Safety in Society and Transport & Logistics
- Pre-Learning Programme (PLP) funding through NSFAS
Qualification Criteria for Tvet Colleges Applicants
kindly note: Applicants who have a combined family income of R350,000 or less per year and have secured admission or a firm enrollment offer from a College are eligible to qualify.
- Only South African citizens are eligible for this bursary scheme;
- A student must be registered or intending to register on a PLP, NC(V) or Report 191 programme at any of the fifty (50) public TVET Colleges in South Africa;
- Must be in need of financial assistance (NSFAS will determine whether or not a student meets the financial eligibility criteria);
- Returning students must demonstrate proven and accepted academic performance (academically deserving) in line with the College’s progression policy or the progression prescriptions of the Bursary Rules and Guidelines (whichever is higher);
Must not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was state-funded.
Applicants must know that The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) pays for only qualifying student’s
- Registration & Tuition Fees
- Personal Care Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
NSFAS Application Open Dates for Tvet Students; Tvet Colleges Students or applicants must know the Nsfas application cycle.
- National Certificate Vocation (NC(v)), Semester 1 and Trimester 1 – Annual – online application and walk-in assistive capture application at the beginning of each year
- Trimesters 2 & 3 as per the DHET calendar, in May and September respectively, as Walk-in assistive capture application
- Semester 2 June – July walk-in, assistive capture application.
READ ALSO: Nsfas application for 2024 closing date
How to Check NSFAS Online Application Status 2024 Form
- Go to NSFAS Status 2024 website at https://my.nsfas.org.za
- Login to myNSFAS account, if you don’t have one, create one. Click HERE
- Then you Enter your ID Number
- Enter the password you created during the application process.
- Click “Track Funding Progress“ to check your application status for 2024
Read Also: When will nsfas registration open for 2024
NSFAS CONTACT DETAILS:
CONTACT NSFAS VIA THE NSFAS VIRTUAL CONTACT CENTRE
NSFAS Connect: www.nsfas.org.za and log into your myNSFAS account
Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
Twitter page: @myNSFAS
RELATED SEARCH LINKS FOR NSFAS ONLINE APPLICATION 2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
- nsfas contact details
- nsfas allowance 2024
- nsfas online application
- nsfas consent form PDF 2024
- nsfas closing date 2024
- nsfas application status
- How do I apply for NSFAS 2024?
- Are nsfas applications open
- How do I fill out NSFAS online application form 2024?
- How do I apply for NSFAS 2024 online?
- Is NSFAS still open for 2024 late application?
- What is the age limit for NSFAS?
- What documents are needed to apply for NSFAS?