nsfas is still open
nsfas is still open
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is inviting all students to use this opportunity to apply online for NSFAS into the 2022-2023 academic cycle.
All NSFAS online applications 2022 will be open from 1 September to 30 November 2021. Before you begin your NSFAS application, below is what you must know…
What does the bursary cover?
If you are applying for NSFAS bursary, you must know that the bursary covers the following;
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
- NSFAS exists to provide financial aid to eligible students at TVET colleges and public universities;
- NSFAS identifies eligible students, provides bursaries and collects past student loan repayments to replenish the funds available for future generations of students
- NSFAS supports access to, and success in, higher education and training for students from poor and working-class families who would otherwise not be able to afford to study.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.