What does nsfas cover for unisa students
What does Nsfas cover for Unisa students
There are currently 151 317 NSFAS-funded students at Unisa. NSFAS funded students at Unisa qualify for a learning materials allowance of R5200 per year. This is to be used for textbooks and other learning materials needed to complete their studies.
NSFAS funded Unisa students receive only Learning Materials Allowances and a Living Allowance.
This means that if the R5200 Learning Materials Allowance is charged for the first five modules, there will be no additional Learning Materials Allowance paid for the remaining modules.
The Learning Material allowance is intended to be used for textbooks and other educational materials required to complete their studies.
Students who are enrolled in ten or more courses are eligible for a Living Allowance.
Students enrolled in ten or more modules at Unisa are also given an incidental allowance of R290 per month from February to November. This R290 is used to cover any minor expenses that these students will incur.
Your tuition and registration costs will also be covered by NSFAS.
NSFAS helps students pay for their Unisa enrollment.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.