Nsfas wallet account
Nsfas wallet account
Your NSFAS Wallet will allow you to withdraw cash and/or spend at any merchant registered by NSFAS. Allowance amounts are determined through consultation with institutions, communicated to NSFAS when you register.
- When your NSFAS Wallet account is created by NSFAS, you will receive a “Welcome” SMS advising you to verify your account.
- Ensure at ALL times that you have access to the cell phone number you provided to NSFAS upon application, as this is the number we will use to deposit your funds.
- Should you wish to withdraw cash, you may do so at any of our cash withdrawal merchants, Checkers, Boxer, U-Save and select Spar stores. Note that these stores have daily cash withdrawal limits from R200 – R1000 per day.
- Spending at a registered store has no limit i.e. you can spend up to the maximum value of your cash wallet.
How to get started (1st-time users)?
• Receive an SMS welcoming you to NSFAS Wallet
• Verify your account by dialling *120*176# and reply with your ID number
• Receive a password that you will use when transacting. Note that you need to keep this password secure at all times as anyone with access to your password may access or spend your money. It is advisable to log in to Celbux.appspot.com with your 5 digit password and update your password to something more secure and memorable.
• Do not keep or save your password on your cell phone and always keep your cell phone’s screen locked with a password or pin.
How to login to MyNSFAS account
The registered students can access their MyNSFAS account by following these steps:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on MyNSFAS Account.
- Input your username and password.
- Login to MyNSFAS account.
MyNSFAS account status check
At this stage, you should have had your login details (account name and password) to access the MyNSFAS student portal. Follow the steps given to check your account status – notes on the progress of your grant application status are indicated.
- Step 1: Visit the myNSFAS student portal
- Step 2: Enter Your Email and Password in the field provided,
- Step 3: Click on the Sign-in button to access your application status.