King Hintsa TVET College Nsfas Application
King Hintsa TVET College Nsfas Application
DHET TVET College Bursary Scheme
Department of Higher Education and Training bursaries are available for National Certificate Vocational courses and Report 191 (NATED or ‘N’) courses at public TVET Colleges to students who meet the criteria. These bursaries are not loans. The bursaries are administered by the National Student Financial Aid Service (NSFAS).
In terms of the NSF-TVET Colleges, each student enrolled in a state-funded programme must be subsidised by 80% of the total programme cost. The difference of 20% of the total programme costs, which constitute College fees, must be recovered from the scheme.
Through the bursary scheme, the Department of Education provides access to vocational education and training at public TVET Colleges for financially needy and academically deserving students to assist them in the payment of tuition, accommodation, meals and personal care.
Nsfas Open Date
Nsfas Online Application Opens 1 September and closes November 30, 2022.
The requirements for the TVET Colleges Bursary Scheme are:
- South African Citizenship
- Enrolled or intending to enrol at a Public TVET College
- In need of financial assistance
- Able to demonstrate potential for academic success
You can DOWNLOAD the NSFAS Bursary Application Form or apply online at www.nsfas.org.za
The TVET College sector has a growing role to play in the provision of the intermediate to higher-level skills required to support economic growth and development, and the King Hintsa TVET College firmly believes that these bursaries will contribute to skills development.
The bursary applications will be processed using a strict evaluation system controlled by NSFAS.
Additionally, you will have to:
1. Provide all required documentation and evidence in full:
- Certified ID Copy of Student
- Certified ID Copy of Parent/ Legal Guardian
- Certified Copy of Death Certificate if the parent(s) are deceased.
- Proof of income e.g. Payslip (SASSA Beneficiaries DO NOT have to bring anything in this respect)
2. Complete an NSFAS agreement, subject to their approval.
Who receives funds?
Successful applicants will have their TUITION paid directly to the College on their behalf. The other allowances will be paid to the students directly.
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
- Students must enrol in more than three (3) subjects to be eligible for a bursary.
- Only students that were academically successful may apply for the next academic level.
- King Hintsa reserves the right to verify the information on the application form. This information will be treated as confidential.
- This bursary is not applicable to employer students.
- Students may ONLY apply for EITHER the transport or accommodation allowance.
- 100% class attendance is expected to qualify for the transport or accommodation allowance.
- Bursary recipients who switch from one programme to another (i.e. from NC (V) to Report 191 programme N1 – N3 or vice-versa) or change programmes within an NC (V) or Report 191 programme during the course of their studies are not eligible for financial assistance.
- Bursary recipients who complete NC (V) Level 4 are not eligible for financial assistance should they want to enrol for another NC (V) programme or Report 191 programme N1 – N3. Buffalo City TVET College Nsfas Application
Similarly, bursary recipients who complete Report 191 N4 – N6 are not eligible for financial assistance should they want to enrol for another Report 191 programme N4 – N6 or an NC (V) programme.
- Bursary recipients who complete NC (V) Level 4 are only eligible for financial assistance should they want to enrol for Report 191 N4 – N6.
HOW TO APPLY:
-Please visit the NSFAS website – nsfas.org.za or follow the link on our website – https://www.bccollege.co.za/
-You may also choose to visit any Buffalo City TVET College Campus – Student Support Service for assistance.
-Please ensure that you have the correct documents (certified not older than 3 months) in electronic format available:
- Your South African ID or a birth certificate( if you do not have a green bar-coded ID or smart ID card)
- ID of parents and/or guardian or death certificate where applicable.
– Pay advice/letter of employment/ pension advice stating income of parents and/or guardian (SASSA slips are not
required and SASSA should not be included as household income
-Please ensure that you download the CONSENT FORM and that it is completed by your parent/s and or guardian – this has to be attached to your Application form – see flip-side for details