Synthetic Grass Installation Melbourne
Synthetic Grass Installation Melbourne
A Guide to Synthetic Grass Installation in Melbourne:
Synthetic grasses are created just to look like natural grass. In the past years, products like astroturf made synthetic grass very popular even in the 1960s, but it did not look or feel the natural grass. But of late, it is very difficult to differentiate between the synthetic and the natural grass. They are made as just as the natural grass by looks and feel. Synthetic grass comes in sizes and lengths ranging from 16mm toi 35mm for a more authentic appearance.
Fake grass is a great option if you want something eco-friendly and easy to take care of instead of natural grass. Synthetic grasses are made of synthetic fibres that look like the natural grass. It always looks nice and doesn’t need the sunlight and also requires a little maintenance. This is why many prefer to use this grass in places like indoor sports fields and gardens.
However, you should note that synthetic grass can get hot when exposed to direct sunlight, so getting quality one might be of help to you. No matter what happens, fake grass can stay beautiful 365 days a year and wants very little in return. If you stay in or around Melbourne, there are a lot of artificial grass installation companies who are ready to render you the assistance you need. Contact any of the artificial grass installers for a quote.
Where Can Synthetic Grass Installation Be Done In Melbourne
You can use fake grass in many different places because it works well for lots of things. Below are some common spots where you can put artificial turf:
- Many homeowners choose artificial turf for their front or backyard lawns to achieve a green, well-maintained appearance without the need for extensive maintenance.
- Artificial turf is often used in commercial properties for landscaping purposes, enhancing the aesthetic appeal of office buildings, shopping centres, and other public spaces.
- Artificial turf is widely employed in sports arenas, including football fields, soccer pitches, baseball diamonds, and golf courses. It provides a consistent playing surface and is durable enough to withstand heavy use.
- Artificial turf is a popular choice for playground surfaces, offering a soft and cushioned landing for children. It provides a safe and easily maintainable option for play areas.
Balconies and Rooftop Gardens:
- In urban environments, artificial turf can be laid on balconies or rooftop gardens to create a green space without the challenges of soil maintenance.
Golf Putting Greens:
- Artificial turf is commonly used to create synthetic greens, allowing golf enthusiasts to practice their putting skills at home or in recreational spaces.
Types Of Synthetic Grass In Melbourne And Their Price
The main kinds of artificial grass are polyethene, polypropylene, and nylon. You usually buy grass in rolls, which come in widths of 5, 7, 10, or 15 feet, and you get the length you require. Top-notch nylon grass is the priciest. Polyethylene and polypropylene are more budget-friendly, offering cheaper choices:
- Polyethylene: $2.00 – $4.50
- Polypropylene: $2.00 – $5.90
- Nylon: $5.00 – $6.00
Below is the step-by-step guide to Artificial Turf Installation:
- Remove the top four inches of your existing lawn and base, and then dispose of it according to local regulations. Soil builds up quickly, so we recommend having a dump trailer onsite.
- Next, evenly spread three inches of class two road base over the area where you will be laying your turf. The road base will help us to create a level platform with proper drainage.
- Lightly wet the area and go over it with a compactor to create a smooth base for laying the material.
- Depending on your yard, you may want to add gopher wire and weed barrier to prevent vegetation and pests from sprouting through your new lawn. A weed barrier is NOT recommended if you have pets.
- It’s time to lay your brand-new turf.
- As you roll out your gorgeous new lawn, be careful not to let it drag across your freshly prepared base. It is recommended to let grass sit in the sun for 30-60 minutes to expand.
- Make sure that the blades and stitch patterns are all facing the same way. Ignoring this would result in a poor-looking lawn.
- Use a carpet kicker to stretch and manoeuvre the turf into place.
Cut to Fit:
- Next, use a box cutter to fit your new lawn to the unique shape of your yard. Leave a quarter to half an inch of turf over the border to help with the finishing touches.
- Then secure the seams using seam tape and glue. Correctly fitting the seams together is essential to creating a pristine, natural-looking yard.
- Make sure that the blades of each piece of turf are oriented the same way, and that space in between stitch rows matches.
- Place the red line of the seam tape squarely in the centre of the seam. Then create an “S” pattern with the glue on each side of the red line. Move the turf into place and let the glue set.
Secure the Perimeter:
- After tucking in the border with a putty knife and hammer, place 40-D 5-inch non-galvanized turf nails every six inches to secure your turf to its three-inch base.
- It is recommended also to place a handful of nails along the seams to reinforce these areas. Then brush the turf with power or push the broom to stand the blades up straighter before adding infill.
- This will create a more vertical blade memory.
- Next, it’s time to spread the infill! Adding the correct amount of infill will directly impact the appearance, performance, and life span of your lawn. Use a drop spreader to evenly disperse the proper amount of infill.
- Once the infill is in place, use a power or push broom to brush the turf. This will stand the blades up straight and give your new lawn the appearance of freshly mowed grass. Lastly, rinse the grass to get rid of all remaining dust.
Enjoy Your Lawn:
- Once you have rinsed your lawn and packed up your equipment, all that’s left to do is kick back, relax, and enjoy your brand-new turf.
- You won’t have to worry about getting up early to mow ever again.
- The only necessary maintenance is brushing your lawn a couple of times each year.
Opting for Synthetic Grass Installation in Melbourne presents a convenient and eco-friendly substitute for conventional grass lawns. Its minimal upkeep, enduring attractiveness throughout the year, and adaptability have turned it into a favoured option for a range of uses, spanning from home lawns to indoor environments. Despite the numerous advantages synthetic grass offers, it is vital to weigh considerations such as heat absorption, particularly in warmer climates. The careful selection of the appropriate synthetic grass type is pivotal in guaranteeing top-notch performance and overall satisfaction. Visit Thi WEBSITE for more Details.
Other Related Posts: