Register with nsfas
Register with nsfas
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999).
NSFAS covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, transport fees, and various allowances.
Before you can access the application process of NSFAS using your MyNSFAS account, you first need to register your own MyNSFAS account.
Follow these steps to register your NSFAS account:
-visit the NSFAS website.
- Click the myNSFAS tab in the top right corner.
- Select “Register”.
- Tick the box that will allow NSFAS to verify the details you provide.
- Input your ID number as stated on your ID document.
- Input your complete names including your surname as these appear on the ID document you have provided.
- Input your email address.
- Input your email address again to confirm it.
- Input your cellphone number.
- Input your preferred password.
- Input your preferred password again to confirm it.
- Upload a copy of your ID document.
- Click on Register.
- Wait for the OTP on your cellphone and email address. Remember that this OTP will expire after 24 hours so you must use it right away.
- Input the OTP then click on Submit.
WHAT DO THE NSFAS BURSARY FUNDS COVER?
- Tuition fee (total cost of study)
- Subsidized book allowances
- Subsidized accommodation to a maximum set by NSFAS
- Subsidized meal allowances
- Subsidized transport allowances for spending
- Registration fees
- Prescribed learning materials to a maximum set by NSFAS
- Personal care allowance
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
- Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
- ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- A completed and signed consent form, which must be filled in with your parent/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A from www.nsfas.org.za fill it in and submit it with your application