Nsfas Track Funding Progress
Nsfas Track Funding Progress. Click on Track Funding Progress. Once you have followed all these three easy steps, you will be able to see whether you are funded or not.
Understanding what you’re reading when you’re checking your NSFAS application status is of utmost importance.
On Saturday the 13th March NSFAS announced that they had released the decisions for first-time university applicants.
How to Check Your NSFAS Application Status
If you want to track your NSFAS application, or you are unsure what the meaning of your NSFAS application status is, here is how to track your NSFAS application and what the results of that might mean for you.
If you’re waiting to hear back from NSFAS about whether or not you’ll be funded through a NSFAS bursary, you can track your NSFAS online application on the NSFAS student portal.
How to track your myNSFAS application status:
- Log in to NSFAS account on the myNSFAS student portal
- Enter your username and password and sign in
- Click on Track Funding Progress
Once there, there are a number of results you might receive when applying for NSFAS funding. Here are what you could receive and what they mean:
Here’s what your NSFAS application status means.
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded onto the NSFAS system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS is conducting third-party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: NSFAS is verifying all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: NSFAS is checking your academic results and your institution admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS. Many find themselves staying on this step for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS is receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement. This is another step students find themselves on for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through the NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution. Students are advised to continue to monitor the myNSFAS portal for updates.