How To Apply For An Nsfas Bursary In 2024/2024
How To Apply Online For An Nsfas Bursary In 2024/2024
Everything You Need to Know About Applying for an NSFAS Bursary in 2024/2025:
If you are a South African citizen and wish to apply for financial assistance to study at a tertiary institution, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides bursaries to eligible students. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a South African government initiative that provides financial assistance to students who are unable to afford the costs of higher education. NSFAS offers bursaries to eligible students who meet the NSFAS financial and academic criteria.
Online application for Nsfas in the year 2024/2025 academic year will be open from the 21st of November 2023 and the online Nsfas application deadline is on the 31st of January 2024. Applicants are to keep in mind that any application documents that will be submitted after the application deadline will not be processed. It is then significant to apply now while the applications are open to increase your chances of receiving the bursary from Nsfas.
When To Apply For An Nsfas Bursary In 2024/2024
- Starting from the 21st of November 2023, the online application for NSFAS for the academic year 2024/2025 will be accessible, and it will close on the 31st of January 2024. It is important to note that submitting application documents after the deadline will not be considered. Therefore, it is advisable to apply now while the application process is open to improve your chances of receiving a bursary from NSFAS.
Read: Nsfas portal login
Who Is Eligible To Apply Online For Nsfas Bursary In 2024/2025
The following are the applicants who are qualified to apply for the Nsfas bursary:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Here are the steps you need to follow to apply for an NSFAS bursary:
Step 1: Check And Meet Eligibility:
- Before applying, make sure you meet the NSFAS eligibility criteria. This includes being a South African citizen, being registered at an accredited tertiary institution, and meeting the NSFAS financial eligibility criteria based on your household income.
Step 2: Make Ready All The Necessary Documents:
You will need to have the following documents on hand when applying for an NSFAS bursary:
- Your South African ID or birth certificate
- ID or birth certificate of your parents or guardians
- Your latest academic results
- Proof of household income
- Proof of residence
Step 3: Create An Account On myNsfas
- Go to the NSFAS website and create an account by providing your details, such as your name and email address. You will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your application.
Step 4: Fill Out And Complete Online Application Form
- Once you have created your account, log in to the NSFAS portal and complete your application. Make sure you provide accurate and detailed information to avoid any delays or rejections.
Step 5: Submit The Application
- After completing your application, submit it through the NSFAS portal. You will receive a confirmation message once your application has been successfully submitted.
Step 6: Track The Progress Of Application
- You can check the status of your application on the NSFAS portal. If there are any problems with your application or if additional information is required, you will receive a notification.
Read Also: Nsfas my portal
Step 7: Accept The Nsfas Bursary Offer:
- If your application is successful, you will receive a notification from NSFAS with details of your bursary. You will need to sign an agreement form to accept the bursary and provide any additional information required.
Contact Details Of Nsfas
- Telephone: 08000 67327 (toll-free)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za
Hope the information given above has been useful to you, if you have any suggestions kindly leave them in the comment section provided below the post. You can also visit the official website of Nsfas for more details.