Who funds nsfas
Who funds nsfas
NSFAS aims to fund those interested in studying further but cannot afford to do so. The bursary offers two types of funding, which includes university funding and TVET College funding. Their funding goes beyond tuition fees. However, only certain students are eligible. Those eligible for NSFAS funding will receive tuition fees, accommodation fees, transport allowances, living allowances, book allowances and incidental or personal care allowances.
When nsfas is closing
You qualify to apply for a bursary if:
- You are a South African citizen;
- Your combined annual household income does not exceed R350 000 per annum;
- You are a SASSA grant recipient;
- You are registering for the first time for an undergraduate qualification at a public university or you are registered at a TVET college for one of the National Certificate Vocational or report 191 programmes;
- You are applying to study at a public university or TVET college for a qualification;
- You are an already registered university student with an annual household income of less than R122 000 per year;
- You have passed Grade 9 & 10 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a TVET college;
- You have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
Nsfas status Login
If you want to log in to your account details, you can do this too. Whatever your reason is for making these changes, here are the steps to follow:
- First, visit the MyNSFAS student portal.
- To log in, input your username, password, then click on SIGN IN.
- Once you get in, click on My Personal Details.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.