Where Can I Get NSFAS Application Form?
Where Can I Get NSFAS Application Form?
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is currently open to qualified applicant. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application. The Application forms is available in pdf format for prospective students who are unable to use the application portal.
In order for your application to be processed, please ensure that you complete all sections of the application form and attach all supporting documents. PLEASE NOTE: You must write your identity number in the top right-hand corner of every page of the application form and on
every page of all of your supporting documents in order for your application to be processed. NSFAS will not be able to process applications without an ID number.
Application open and Closing Date
Application for the 2022-2023 Academic year opened from November 4th 2021 to 21 January 2022. Prospective students and students have until January 21, 2022, to apply for the National Financial Aid Scheme funding. No late Applications will be accepted because the closing date for NSFAS 2022 Applications has been extended by the Management. The deadline for applications for student financial aid has been extended to Friday, January 21, 2022.
Where Can I Get NSFAS Application Form?
Visit the NSFAS website and download a copy of the application form pdf.
APPLICATION FORM FOR NEW NSFAS APPLICANTS
Who may apply for financial aid?
• South African citizens.
General Instructions when filling the application form
• Please read these notes carefully before completing the application form. Make sure that you read every section and that the information you provide is accurate.
• You must write your identity (ID) number in the top righthand corner of every page of the application form and on every page of all supporting documents.
• Application forms submitted without ALL supporting documents will not be processed by NSFAS.
• NSFAS will process only the first application that they receive. Please do not submit more than one application unless NSFAS requests you to do so.
• NSFAS requires either a cell phone number or email address in order to communicate with you during the application process. If you do not already have an email
address, you can create a free email account on Google at www.gmail.com, or on Yahoo at www.yahoo.co.za or any other free email service.
• If your application is successful, NSFAS will use the cell phone number which you write on the application form to pay some of your student allowances by cell phone voucher.
• If you do not already have a bank account, please open a bank account at any bank such as Postbank, ABSA, Capitec, FNB, Standard Bank, Nedbank or others. Some student allowances will be paid into your bank account.
REQUIRED DOCUMENT NEEDED WHEN FILLING THE NSFAS APPLICATION FORM
- Please attach certified copies of the following documents: (All the certified copies of income must not be older than 3 months) Your documents can be certified at the South African Police Service or the South African Post Office.
* If you are under the age of 18 or if you are 18 and older and are still dependent on the household income of your parent or legal guardian, then this also applies to you.
- Certified proof of bank account. This can be a bank statement or letter from the bank where you have your
- Certified copy of your Identity Document. Certified copy of Identity Document of each household member including parents or legal guardian.
- If you are younger than 16 years of age and do not have a green bar-coded ID, you must submit a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- If you have been exempted from paying school fees, please provide a letter from the school informing NSFAS that you have been exempted.
- Certified or official copy of recent payslip, letter of employment , not older than three months, of each of your parents, or the person who supports you, or your guardian or yourself if you are employed. This is for all types of employment. Proof of income of all members of the household. This includes any income received from SASSA grants, Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), or any retirement, life, disability or other benefits paid as a lump sum or in monthly payments.
- Proof of residence – such as water and electricity accounts or other accounts.
- If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian are retired, please provide a copy of an official pension slip or bank statement showing pension payment.
- If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian works as an informal trader, please provide an affidavit signed by them to confirm this employment.
- If either of your parents is deceased, please provide a certified copy of the death certificate.
- If your parents are divorced or separated, please provide a statement detailing the maintenance order.
- If your parents are divorced, please provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
- If either of your parents does not live at home, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
- If you are supported by someone who is not your parent or legal guardian, please provide an affidavit explaining
- Certified copy of a SASSA letter if any of your family members are receiving a social grant and are also
contributing to your household income. This also applies to your legal guardian.
- If you have indicated that a dependant in your household is a student, please provide proof of registration
or acceptance at the university or FET college for each dependant.
- If you have a disability, please complete the supporting documents Annexure A and Annexure B and submit them
with your application form.
- Certified copy of your latest academic transcript or exam results. If you are currently in Grade 12 you are excluded
from this requirement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED NSFAS APPLICATION FORM
By signing this NSFAS application for financial aid, you acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of the following:
1. This application does not guarantee that you will receive a NSFAS loan or bursary.
2. If you have been advised that you were unsuccessful in your application for financial aid from NSFAS, you will be
responsible to pay all required fees as determined by the university or FET college.
3. Incomplete application forms (including those with missing documents) will NOT be accepted.
4. Posted applications and all supporting documents need to reach NSFAS on or before the applicable cut-off dates.
5. NSFAS does not take responsibility for undelivered or missing posted applications or supporting documents.
6. NSFAS will process only the first application that we receive. Please do not submit more than one application unless
NSFAS requests you to do so.
7. Do not send original documents (Birth Certificates, IDs etc.) with the exception of affidavits. Attach recently certified
(within the last 3 months) copies to the application form. Only original affidavits will be accepted.
8. A student will only receive funding for the duration of the qualification. A three-year degree or diploma will only receive
funding for the three years. No funding will be awarded to you if you are undertaking a BTech degree. There is a list of
BTech degree exceptions which NSFAS will fund. These can be provided by the NSFAS contact centre or the FAO.
9. If your application for financial aid is approved and you do not sign a contract within 30 days after registration (Loan
Agreement Form [LAF] for a Loan or Schedule of Particulars [SOP] for a Bursary), then NSFAS reserves the right to
withdraw funded status. You will then be responsible for all required fees as determined by the university or FET college.
10. Any false information provided as part of your application for financial aid will disqualify you from receiving financial
assistance and will result in the immediate withdrawal of any approved bursary or loan. You will be responsible to pay
all required fees as determined by the university or FET college.
You will allow NSFAS to validate your information with third parties. (Tick box if you agree).
Where Can I Get NSFAS Application Form? You can download the NSFAS 2022-2023 Application pdf here