What nsfas registration online
What nsfas registration online
NSFAS is a public entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training. NSFAS provides financial help through study bursaries to deserving students at TVET colleges and public universities.
The funding covers the cost of registration, tuition as well as allowances for learning material, food, personal care, transport or accommodation. NSFAS have been around for over 28 years; assisting over 4 million South Africans to achieve their dreams.
Every applicant is expected to read every section of the application form.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to cancel nsfas registration online
If you wish to delete your NSFAS account, you would have to make a written request and submitted this to the NSFAS office. You can also email NSFAS to ask about this request.
What does the bursary cover?
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Requirements to Apply
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply
Follow these steps to register your NSFAS account:
- Click here to visit the NSFAS website.
- Click the myNSFAS tab in the top right corner.
- Select “Register”.
- Tick the box that will allow NSFAS to verify the details you provide.
- Input your ID number as stated on your ID document.
- Input your complete names including your surname as these appear on the ID document you have provided.
- Input your email address.
- Input your email address again to confirm it.
- Input your cellphone number.
- Input your preferred password.
- Input your preferred password again to confirm it.
- Upload a copy of your ID document.
- Click on Register.
- Wait for the OTP on your cellphone and email address. Remember that this OTP will expire after 24 hours so you must use it right away.
- Input the OTP then click on Submit.
After you have followed all of these steps, you would have already created your myNSFAS account. Every time you have to log in, simply input your username and password in the appropriate fields.