What NSFAS Appeal
What NSFAS Appeal
NSFAS returning students who were not successful with obtaining NSFAS funding for 2022 can appeal.
The reason for NSFAS Funding appeal 2022 may be one of the following:
- Failure to meet the academic performance requirements (a student must pass at least 50% of modules enrolled for in the previous year)
- Change in family financial circumstances
- Incorrect academic results submitted, resulting in non-renewal of funding
- Loss of Bursary Sponsor
Please make sure that you have all documents available when you appeal –These may include, but not be limited to, medical conditions, death of an immediate family member, academic transcript, payslips etc. Please submit substantive documents to provide proof of your circumstances.
Applications without supporting documents will not be considered. Written motivation is not a substantive supporting document.
NSFAS Appeal Dates for 2022-2023
- The NSFAS Appeal process for 2022 will be open on 3 February 2022 and will be closing on 3 March 2022.
NSFAS returning students who were not successful with obtaining NSFAS funding for 2022 can now appeal. Students who wish to appeal for their funding must upload all required supporting documentation to support the reasons for the appeal. Appeals should be submitted within 30 days of having been assessed as unsuccessful.
- Log onto your myNSFAS self-service portal at www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, enter your login details
- Check your application status update
For those students who have been approved for funding in 2022, their status will now reflect as: “Approved for Funding subject to Registration”,
- death certificate,
- medical records,
- proof of loss of income) 6.
NSFAS Appeal Process for new and returning students 2022 are as follows:
- Go to NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Log in to your “MyNSFAS” account
- Click the ‘Track Funding Progress’ button.
- Check the application progress tabs.
- If your application status reflects an unsuccessful message, you may submit an appeal by clicking on the ‘Submit Tab’