NSFAS was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 per cent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
The MyNsfas student portal is an online platform created by Nsfas. The portal makes it easier for you to manage all things Nsfas related. By registering and logging in to your account, you will be able to upload your application, supporting documents and even update existing information.
HOW TO CHANGE NSFAS LOGIN DETAILS?
If you want to or need to make changes to your account details, you can do this too. Whatever your reason is for making these changes, here are the steps to follow:
- First, visit the MyNSFAS student portal.
- To log in, input your username, password, then click on SIGN IN.
- Once you get in, click on My Personal Details.
- Delete all of the incorrect or outdated information and replace it with the correct and updated information.
- Click on Update Your Details. This will save all of the changes you’ve made to your login details.
HOW TO ACCESS NSFAS PORTAL
You can access your MyNSFAS account by following these steps:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on MyNsfas Account.
- Input your username and password.
- Access your MyNSFAS account.