NSFAS was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 per cent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
All students who applied and have been funded during 2019 or before must have a signed NSFAS Bursary Agreement (NBA).
How to sign?
Step 1; You will receive an email with a link to sign online, click on the link to proceed
Step 2; After inserting your ID number, you will receive a One Time Pin (OTP) through an SMS to your registered cell phone number.
Step 3; Type in the received OTP to continue with the signing of the agreement
HOW TO CHANGE NSFAS LOGIN DETAILS?
If you want to or need to make changes to your account details, you can do this too. Whatever your reason is for making these changes, here are the steps to follow:
- First, visit the MyNSFAS student portal.
- To log in, input your username, password, then click on SIGN IN.
- Once you get in, click on My Personal Details.
- Delete all of the incorrect or outdated information and replace it with the correct and updated information.
- Click on Update Your Details. This will save all of the changes you’ve made to your login details
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.