Nsfas Monthly allowance 2023
Nsfas monthly allowance 2023
Do you wish to know the NSFAS allowances for university students each month and how you’ll be paid each month? Have you been accepted to receive funds from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)? You must be aware of what the NSFAS bursary for university students covers if you are a university student who has been granted NSFAS support.
How much does NSFAS pay to students?
The bursaries not only cover registration and tuition fees but also make provision for other annual allowances. In 2021, these allowances amount to:
- An Accommodation allowance depending on what is charged by the college or university (private accommodation costs cannot exceed costs of halls of residence or institution-provided hostels).
- A book allowance of R5,200.
- A living allowance of R15,000.
- A personal care allowance of R2,900.
- A Transport allowance of R7,500 (no further than 40km from the place of study).
Who qualifies to apply?
In order to apply for NSFAS online for 2023, you must be a South African citizen, have been accepted for an undergraduate qualification for the first time, and be able to prove an annual household income of no more than R350,000. It should be noted that meeting these criteria is not a guarantee of being accepted for the NSFAS.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form. NSFAS Online Application 2023-2024
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2023
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2023, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.