How to Apply for NSFAS Application 2022-2023 Online
Nsfas how to apply for 2022
The main purpose of the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is to enable young people from poor households to obtain a higher education. This is essential for expanding South Africa’s skills base and a powerful mechanism for breaking the intergenerational cycle of household poverty and exclusion.
The mission of the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is to transform NSFAS into an efficient and effective provider of financial aid to students from poor and working-class families in a sustainable manner that promotes access to, and success in, higher and further education and training, in pursuit of South Africa’s national and human resource development goals.
In order to apply online for NSFAS 2022, visit www.nsfas.org.za for the application procedure
The mission statement is made up of three distinct elements which describe why NSFAS exists, what it does, and the impact on its constituency: NSFAS exists to provide financial aid to eligible students at public TVET colleges and public universities; NSFAS identifies eligible students, provides bursaries, and collects student loan repayments to replenish the funds available for future generations of students; and NSFAS supports access to, and success in, higher education and training for students from poor and working-class families who would otherwise not be able to afford to study.
When is NSFAS Opening for Applications?
READ ALSO NSFAS Application 2022-2023
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.