How to Apply for NSFAS 2023-2024
How to Apply for NSFAS 2023-2024. Do you require financial aid to attend a tertiary institution? Apply for a bursary through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government programme in South Africa that offers financial aid to undergraduate students to assist in covering the cost of their tertiary education.
The programme also oversees funding from the Sector Education and Training Authorities, including the Funza Lushaka Teacher Bursary (for students seeking a teaching degree) and the DHET Disability Bursary (SETAs). For students who lack the resources to pay for their education yet are unable to get bank loans, study loans, or bursaries, the Department of Higher Education and Training funds the NSFAS programme.
You can apply online for the NSFAS bursary in 2023 if you are a South African citizen planning to attend school in 2023 or are presently enrolled in a TVET programme or at a public university.
Nsfas Online Application Open Dates
From 28 September 2022, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) (Online Application) will not accept applications for the class of 2023. To be eligible to apply in 2022, everyone who wants to should register a myNSFAS account.
Who Should Apply for Nsfas 2023?
- If you are a SASSA Grant Recipient.
- If your combined household income is not more than R350,000 per year.
- A person with a disability with a combined household income of note more than R600,000.
- A student who begins their university studies before 2020 and their household income is not more than R122,000 per year.
READ ALSO: Create Mynsfas Account
Who should not apply?
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
Required Documents for NSFAS 2023 Application
The documents required to apply for NSFAS 2023;
- You must provide a copy of your ID or Birth Certificate.
- Copies of your guardian, parents or Spouse’s ID.
- A proof of your income or 1 year’s IRPS if needed.
- SASSA grant recipients are not supposed to provide proof of income.
- Provide your own valid cellphone number and a working email address.
- Recognized students as Vulnerable Children by the department of Social Development should provide a completed and signed Vulnerable child Declaration and consent form.