Boland TVET College Nsfas Application
Boland TVET College Nsfas Application
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requires personal information from agencies relating to the employment status and levels National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requires personal information from agencies relating to the employment status and level of income of the parents or guardians of the applicant. NSFAS is committed to ensuring that the personal information obtained from third parties is treated confidentially and to protecting the privacy of the persons whose personal information is made available to NSFAS.NSFAS is further committed to protecting personal information and using that personal information in a lawful manner. You and your parents/guardians are required to provide consent for NSFAS to use and verify the information you provide by signing this form.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Student-Centered Model is LIVE as of 01 August 2016.
This means that:
- All new applications (matriculants) must be submitted directly to NSFAS online (www.nsfas.org.za).
- Students who have never received NSFAS funding must apply online.
- All students who were previously funded by NSFAS and are not funded in 2016 must apply online.
- All students who have signed their Loan Agreement Forms (LAF) or Schedule of Particulars (SOP) for 2016 and are currently receiving NSFAS funding DO NOT HAVE TO REAPPLY. Funding will be granted provided the funded student meets the NSFAS academic requirements.
- All funded NSFAS students are requested to update their information online. Please log onto www.nsfas.org.za and create the MyNSFAS account to verify your details.
In order for your application to be processed, please ensure that you complete all sections of the application form and attach all supporting documents. You must write your identification number on every page of all of your supporting documents in order for your application to be processed. NSFAS will not be able to process applications without an ID number.
Please attach the following documents:
- Certified copy of your Identity Document. If you are younger than 16 years of age and do not have a green bar-coded ID or smart ID card, you must submit a certified copy of your unabridged birth certificate
- Certified copy of Identity Document of each household member including parents or legal guardian.*
- Certified copy of your latest academic transcript or exam results. If you are currently in Grade 12, you do not need to submit this.
- If you have been exempted from paying school fees, please provide a letter from the school informing NSFAS that you have been exempted.
- Certified or official copy of recent payslip, letter of employment, not older than three months, for each parent, or the person who supports you, or your guardian or yourself if you are employed. This is for all types of employment or all forms of income for all members of the household. This includes any income received from SASSA grants, Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), or any retirement, life, disability or other benefits paid as a lump sum or in monthly payments.*
- If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian are retired, please provide a copy of an official pension slip or bank statement showing pension payment.*
- If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian works as an informal trader, please provide an affidavit signed by them to confirm this employment.*
- If either of your parents is deceased, please provide a certified copy of the death certificate.
- If your parents are divorced, please provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
- If either of your parents does not live at home, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
- If you are supported by someone who is not your parent or legal guardian, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
- Certified copy of a SASSA letter if any of your family members are receiving a social grant and are also contributing to your household income. This also applies to your legal guardian.*
- If you have indicated that a dependent in your household is a student, please provide proof of registration or acceptance at the TVET College or university for each dependent.*
- If you have a disability, please complete the relevant supporting documents (please see the website for details) and submit them with your application form.
Your documents can be certified at the South African Police Service or the South African Post Office. Certified copies must not be older than 3 months.
Items marked with * should be provided if you are under the age of 18 or if you are 18 and older, but STILL DEPENDENT on the household income of your parent or legal guardian.
HOW TO APPLY:
-Please visit the NSFAS website – nsfas.org.za or follow the link on our website – https://www.bolandcollege.com
-You may also choose to visit any Buffalo City TVET College Campus – Student Support Service for assistance.
-Please ensure that you have the correct documents (certified not older than 3 months) in electronic format available.
- Your South African ID or a birth certificate( if you do not have a green bar-coded ID or smart ID card)
- ID of parents and/or guardian or death certificate where applicable.
– Pay advice/letter of employment/ pension advice stating income of parents and/or guardian (SASSA slips are not
required and SASSA should not be included as household income
-Please ensure that you download the CONSENT FORM and that it is completed by your parent/s and or guardian – this
has to be attached to your Application form – see flip-side for details