Apply to nsfas
Apply to nsfas
Are you in need of financial assistance to study at a tertiary institution? Apply for a National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) bursary. NSFAS is a bursary scheme funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training for those who do not have the financial means to fund their studies and cannot access bank funding, study loans or bursaries.
To successfully apply for NSFAS funding you must carefully follow all the step-by-step guides we have provided in this article. This bursary will cover all your expenses in any public university or Technical and Vocational education and training ( TVET college) in South Africa.
When nsfas is closing?
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2023
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2023, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
How to Check NSFAS Application Status?
You need your myNSFAS Email and Password to check your status online.
Now with an internet-connected smartphone or computer, Open your web browser. Google Chrome preferably.
Step 1: Visit the myNSFAS student portal via – https://my.nsfas.org.za/Application/selfservice.jsp
Step 2: Next, Enter Your Email and Password in the field provided,
Step 3: Finally, Click on the Sign-in button to access your application status for free.
These are the requirements to be funded by NSFAS:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be registered or intending to register on a PLP, NC(V), or Report 191 programme at a TVET College
- Must have a household income below R350 000 per year
- If you’re a person living with a disability, your household income must come to R600 000 or less
- Returning students must demonstrate proven and accepted academic performance in line with the College’s progression policy or the progression prescriptions of the Bursary Rules and Guidelines
- Must not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was state-funded
Nsfas queries email address
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
University and TVET College documents
Private Bag X4, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
NSFAS Wallet documents
Private Bag X6, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town 7700\