Nsfas who can apply
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
So how does it all work?
After you apply and are approved, NSFAS then waits for registration data from your TVET College. They will then pay your registration fee and your tuition fees for the year.
Those who applied for NSFAS TVET College funding have to meet the following criteria:
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must be registered or intending to register on a PLP, NC(V) or Report 191 programme at any of the fifty (50) public TVET Colleges in South Africa.
- Must require financial assistance.
- You need to pass Grade 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Should you be a returning student, you must demonstrate proven and accepted academic performance in line with the College’s progression policy or the progression prescriptions of the Bursary Rules and Guidelines (whichever is higher).
- Must not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was state-funded.
- Household income is less than R350,000 per year.
If you meet these requirements, then you will be eligible for NSFAS TVET College funding which covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, and transport allowances.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2023
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2023, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.